Monday, September 21, 2009

Being Responsible

It sucks!! It is the first actual sunny day in what seems like weeks. Am I out riding my horse? Am I even out there to groom and hang out with him? No - I'm stuck studying for the two tests and two quizzes, working on horrendous math homework and preparing for a wretched group project - all of which are due in a three day span. I guess I should be happy that there isn't a research paper thrown in there as well!

I guess it's all okay though - with all the rain Coaster's feet are the softest I've ever seen them. To make it worse the barn is undergoing a HUGE remodel so he doesn't even have a stall at the moment, which means he is out 24/7 in this mess we call Arkansas weather! It will be okay though, I just tell myself to keep breathing and it will all be okay. I just can't wait until I graduate in May and can spend the rest of my life working and playing with horses. I will go out tomorrow no matter what though. I bought some Crossapol - which is the best hoof hardener I've found on the market - and it should come in today. It works so much better than Tuff Stuff. I found it when I had my other Thoroughbred who had the feet from hell - if you looked at them cross eyed a shoe would fall off, taking half the hoof with it causing him to be off for a week. I may miss the horse, but I sure as hell don't miss the feet!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great fall so far!

No comments: