Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Room Got a Little Brigher

Sunday: Coaster meets me at the gate, stands perfect in the crossties, doesn't move while I put on the polos, had a great ride with him really working over his topline and moving forward off my leg.

Monday/Yesterday: Coaster doesn't meet me at the gate, is a jerk in the crossties, moves around while I put on the polos, and acted ridiculous when I rode him - we are talking the attention span of a gnat and back to the not moving forward/bracing/being a jerk.

Tuesday/Today: Coaster meets me at the gate, stands perfect in the crossties, doesn't move while I put on the polos, and had a great ride - forward, submissive, moving off my leg...

So when I realized this pattern I felt kind of dumb for not realizing before I even put the saddle on Monday that something was wrong. I really think he was just a little stiff/sore. I should have read his behavior prior to me even putting my foot in the stirrup that something was off, but I had a friend out to watch me so I was preoccupied with showing her how much progress he has made - which of course she didn't see because it was a ridiculous/frustrating ride. Anyway - he was back to his new dressage self today so I'm happy...now it's onto the homework, ugh.

No comments: