Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jump Lesson

In our lesson today Coaster was fantastic! I felt a little bad for him because as I was getting him from the field his turnout buddy was being brought in to eat, while Coaster had to go work. He is getting stronger through is back, but I still have to use a half pad under the saddle - which fits when he has a topline, but not quite right now.
Once we re-established a halt - it was one of those days - my trainer put us through the ringer. Coaster completely saved my butt through one combination, but other than that one time we did really well. I just wish we were both in better shape, hopefully we will be ready for the event in November.

This next week is Bike Blues and BBQ, so since I work at a BBQ place I'm not going to be able to ride at all. I'm going to have my trainer hop on him Monday, Wednesday and Friday so that at least one of us is getting worked. But starting back next Monday, it's back to work! I'm excited to see what Amy thinks after riding him - I kind of wish I could be there to watch her ride him.

1 comment:

Beckz said...

So glad you had a good lesson. You must be so excited to be getting back into the swing of things.