Monday, September 29, 2008

Off That Rein

Last week was Bikes Blues and BBQ and since I work at a bbq restaurant and had tests in all of my classes I was busy busy busy! There was no way I was going to make it out to the barn to ride so I arranged for my trainer to ride Coaster three times instead of having my weekly lesson. She made some great progress with him - finally feeling what I've been feeling and saw exactly why I was "snatchy" on my left rein. Now that she has gotten him off of that rein (yes, in just 3 short rides!) she didn't want me to get on him until I rode a horse that was correct in self carriage and didn't pull on that left rein. Soooo I got to go out this morning and ride her competition horse - who will probably be going Intermediate in 2009. It was an awesome experience and I am so lucky to have a trainer who cares enough about my riding to take time and use her horse as a training tool for me!

Now tomorrow I'm going to go ride Coaster and not touch that rein, no matter what he does to try and trick me! I'm really excited to see how he feels!

No comments: