Monday, November 17, 2008

Separation Anxiety

I finally went to my doctor last week because I still had severe pain in my shoulder from the fall two weeks ago. He took new x-rays and ta-da, I have a separated shoulder. It is an injury that most football players (especially pro) have. It is where literally my ligament was torn and will eventually come together, but never completely heal. Dang. My doctor wants me to take 6 weeks (from the accident - so another 4) out of the saddle, just because if I do fall on it again it could mean surgery.
In my eyes, rules are made to be broken and six weeks out of the saddle (especially after having the whole summer off) just doesn't seem doable, so I've come to this conclusion with my mother: I'm giving it another week off completely and then starting next weekend I'm going to just get on and walk around in the arena. Now I know that this may not be the smartest thing in the entire world, but to be honest with you, at this point my mental health is dependent upon it. Coaster has enjoyed the last two weeks off I'm sure, but I'm thinking of going out and testing my shoulder on the lunge line tomorrow so that he will at least be worked.

1 comment:

allhorsestuff said...

Alrighty..have not heard a ppep from you. Are you doing better I pray?? Are you o your mount at all?
Please phone home and check in with all of us...we need to know~!!
Looing around for you!
KK