Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All's Well

After getting shod today, Coaster seemed much more even this afternoon. I'm also starting to slowly put him back together on a light contact, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

We are both so out of shape and it is so hot/humid here that we can only really do trot sets in five minute intervals. I'm starting him out going around the entire arena on a loose rein and then by the end of the ride he is on a light contact and working on true and counter bending at the trot. Before I let him hack down the road, I asked him for a little bit of lateral work at the walk and we are both a bit rusty to stay the least!

I must say though, he is a complete super star! For the past two days I've cooled him out by walking him down the dirt road about a 1/4 of a mile and back. I literally just kick my feet out of the stirrups and use one hand on the buckle and he neck reins like a little western pony!

Can you tell I'm happy to be back in the saddle?!

No comments: