Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Silver!!!!


Maybe it is because I have a soft spot for 17+ hand horses, or maybe it is just because I'm American, but either way I am so happy for Gina Miles for winning the silver! She isn't a novice to four star eventing, but she still isn't quite as seasoned as the O'Connors, Phillip Dutton or Mark Todd. I guess in my mind she is a "newcomer" only because I saw her at one of her first four-stars on this horse, so that is how she is in ingrained in my mind. Her "pony" didn't touch a single rail on the show jumping and kicked some major ass!

So happy for Gina, but a little sad for Mark Todd that he didn't medal - it would have been nice to see that for him and his rap star mount! Also sad for Karen. She finished 44th with Mandiba - a horse that is fairly green (ha!) to four star events. It is almost impossible to not wonder how pony would have done...I'm not overly emotional towards horses that I do not know personally, but for some reason that Theodorable found a special place in my heart - as well as many others!

PS - VERY VERY VERY POSITIVE NOTE!!!!! No horses or riders were injured on the cross country course!!!! YaY!!!! Another interesting note - nobody made time...hmmm...does this maybe show us that optimum times aren't necessarily made to be achieved by all....? LoL! Makes me giddy that Eventing when uneventful in the injury department for the Olympics - no bad press for us!!!!

1 comment:

rhinestone said...

Definitely happy for Gina Miles! I can't wait to move my Young Rider (give me a break - I WAS a young rider then) poster of Gina Miles to a place of greater honor.