Sunday, August 24, 2008

If I'm This Sore What Does He Feel Like?!

Oh dear! This whole getting back into shape thing is nothing short of painful!!! I'm trying to remember to not push too hard, for both me and Coaster. I'm trying a two days on, one day off regimen. He gets turned out everyday so he is still moving around everyday. Last week I actually started working him versus straight conditioning work and he has bounced back with a great mindset - which he should considering he had the whole summer off!!! I can't wait until I can start doing gridwork and jumping again! My goal is a local Hunter/Jumper show on September 7th - I think we should have no problem with the low jumper classes.

2 comments:

Beckz said...

Yay for riding again!!

manymisadventures said...

That's great. I know that I, too, will have to take it very slow when I come back to riding from my broken ankle. Especially since I've just got a mare who had some pretty big physical issues that were fixed by a chiropractor, so she's still working out the new muscle arrangements and definitely needs a slow fitness buildup.

Good luck with conditioning for the show!