Sunday, January 11, 2009

Attempting to be an Adult


When I woke up this morning I had great ambitions of going and spending all afternoon with Coaster. I was going to ride, clean him up, clean my tack, etc etc etc... However when I got out of bed and had to wade knee deep through all of my stuff - laundry, books, boxes from moving back after break...the list could go on - I decided that I was going to make an adult decision. I wasn't going to go ride until after my apartment was clean, therefore turning riding into my reward... Five hours, two broken nails (ouch!) and countless trips to the dumpster later I'm am ALMOST ready to mop and vacuum. Where did all of this crap come from? I figured it was safe to throw away the gag gifts of a stick horse and the mechanical (freaky) cat my uncle gave me two years ago. I even (*tear*) threw away an old pair of heels that had broken but I could never find it in my heart to get rid of until today. Though I found a lot of stuff I had forgotten about: my full tail wrap, a rope haynet, one caveson and one figure eight noseband, and a halter that is practically new! See, I just have to find the bright side to cleaning - the main one being if I do this now then I don't have to do this deep clean again for at least another year or two...I wish!
So no riding today, but my mission is to get the apartment sparkling so I can spend tomorrow with Coaster. I miss him, he's my rock. Classes start on Tuesday for me, Monday for most everybody else! I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that leaves me plenty of time to ride, train and teach a couple of lessons...gotta get ready for show season - even if we are most likely just going to stay local for this semester!

No comments: