Monday, January 19, 2009

Self Proclaimed Southern Wimp

When I go look at Daun's wintry excursion pictures I feel kind of bad. As a self proclaimed southern wimp, I do not do cold very well. As a matter of fact, it turns me into a shivering, miserable, sometimes-whiny girl. For the most part I am a true eventer play-through-the-pain kind of rider, but when it is below freezing I just can't seem to muster up enough balls to go exercise my pony.

I tend to rationalize it by telling myself I'm doing my horse a favor, because hey - if I don' t wanna work in this cold, I doubt he does either. He is snug as bug in his two blankets and a warm stall, why should I go and drag him out into the cold. Of course I tend to overlook the fact that Coaster is a close relative to the Yaks with his shaggy overgrown hair...but oh well, what ever makes me sleep better at night, right?

I guess if I want him to get his topline back (he looks absolutely horrible right now!) then I need to cowgirl up and get out there. Yesterday it was in the 40's and I had no problem...at the moment it is in the low thirties, but supposed to warm up to at least forty. So I figure I'll head out there around 1ish and just grin and bear it. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: