Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We All Need Therapy

Everyone needs their own therapy. I don't mean the lay on a couch how does that make you feel kind of therapy, I mean everybody needs something that soothes them, that makes them whole. For me (and most horse people I know) that is my horse. Whenever I have a hard day, whenever the stress just gets too much to handle, or even just when somebody makes me feel not so great about myself I can go out to the barn, tack up my horse and have a therapy session.
From the time I put my boot in the iron to when my feet hit the ground again there are no problems. Yes, my horse may be acting like a douche-bag, he may not want to give into the bridle and that can be frustrating has hell, but even a bad day riding is better than a good day without riding. I feel sorry for the people that don't have an escape like riding. What do they do with their pent up feelings? How do they deal with life in general?

No comments: