Wednesday, December 16, 2009

RIP Cooper

While I was chipping away on my final exams this past weekend another battle roared on hundreds of miles away. Jennie Brannigan and Cooper were putting up their last fight against the injuries sustained in the freak show jumping accident at this past Fair Hill. After many ups and downs since the accident, including colic and acute founder, Jennie made the humane decision to let Cooper go.

I have followed Jennie and Cooper for the past couple years through blogs, magazines and the internet. The first thing that I found so addicting was not all their blue ribbons, but all of the pictures with Cooper's knees perfect and his ears forward. I can honestly say I have not seen a picture where Cooper didn't look happy to be doing his job - he just seemed like such a honest, happy horse; one of those that are a complete joy to ride.

My thoughts and prayers to out to Jennie and Brannigan Eventing as I know they didn't just lose a partner but a friend. Losing a horse has to be one of the hardest aspects of this industry - we all know it is inevidible but we still pursue our dreams because even if we only have a short amount of time (it is always too short) with our special horses, it is better than no time at all.

Good Luck Jennie - I know we will see more of you and thank you for sharing that big grey horse with the world!

Jennie's Blog
Brannigan Eventing

No comments: