Wednesday, December 23, 2009

When it rains, it pours...literally

I'm just ready for the year to be over...a lot happened today and not very much of it good:

This morning (both within 45 minutes):
1.) A painter at a Baldwin & Shell (where my dad works) construction site got electrocuted and died. He was in his late 20's and has a child that is barely one year old...
2.) My grandmother was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. They thought she had possibly had a stroke because she was so weak; luckily (?) it turned out to be pneumonia - she will be in the hospital for several days, but will be okay.

This afternoon:
1.) Went with my mom to take flowers to my sister's grave. It isn't the going to the cemetery that bothers me, I just always feel so guilty when I leave...like I'm walking away from my baby sister - it just sucks. Some things never get easier and seeing her name on a grave marker is one of them.
2.) Grizabella (came home from vet this morning after getting a back de-claw at age 4) managed to open her wounds and started bleeding. Called the vet and she has to stay in dog kennel until at least Christmas...I just feel so bad for her. She is literally just sitting here looking at me through the bars - her eyes are dialated because of the drugs...

This evening:
1.) Found out that a girl I know at school was driving home from Colorado with her brother last night, they hit a patch of ice and hit a semitruck. Neither one of them made it. I can't imagine losing both children at the same time, especially right before Christmas...

Today was obviously a tough one. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones in their lives this close to Christmas. I wish there was a time out for tragidy during the holidays, it just doesn't seem fair.

"Good night sweet prince and may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest" - Hamlet

1 comment:

zach_rabow said...

Oh my god, i am sooo sorry!