Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ropers and Ranchers and Cowboys Oh My!

Oh do I love the Chuck Wagon Races...
Where else can you show up in shorts, boots and a camo hat and be considered "in style"? Where else can you ride double with cowboys all night, and it not be dirty? Where else can you hoop and holler, drink beer, fall on your ass, get your truck dirtier than hell, fall on your ass again (have you met me?) and then have your pick of cowboys to flirt endlessly with? Nowhere else - that's the answer! Now I know everyone is sitting here thinking "wait?! Doesn't this girl ride english?" And of course the answer is yes! I have ridden western maybe 20 times in my entire life, and most of those times would be just sitting in the saddle, not actually riding. But this english rider most definitely has an inner chuck wagon racer that is just dying to come out. I've already decided I'm going back next year and taking a horse - not one of my english horses mind you! Now THAT would be a rodeo! But I most definitely want my own set of hooves to troll around on next year, so I may have to get creative... I will say: yes, wagon racers are crazy and I would never have the balls to do it, but after talking to people who have been doing it for 10+ years you realize that there really is strategy, training and conditioning involved. Not to mention they are some of the most accepting and fun people you will ever meet! Only thing is, if you are offended easily you may just want to stay up on the cliffs! ;-)

No comments: