Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Finally Some Good Publicity

This is too crazy! Mark Todd's horse, Gandolf, who he is currently campaigning for the 2008 Olympics was in a rap video...crazy, especially when you watch the video!



On another note, I am so happy Toddy is making an appearance on the international circuit again. I have always thought that he is a bad ass eventer and a great rider. I've seen him ride in person several times and was nothing short of amazed that a man that tall and lanky could fit around a Thoroughbred that small and make it look good! I will be rooting for the US team, of course, but at the same time Mark Todd is a favorite.

Check out the New York Times article on Mark Todd that was published June 30.


On another note, check out this article about Karen O'Connor on USA Today. It talks about the tragic accident of "Theodorable" as well as her career as a whole.

4 comments:

Beckz said...

As a NZer the return of Mark Todd to eventing is hugely exciting. I went to watch him ride his first advanced track and he was amazing you would never know that he had not ridden a track that size for 12 years.

Also, scribe is like a country wide rap legend and a really funny guy eh.

Lauren said...

I can imagine -- even I, a die-hard Team USA fan was a little disappointed when Toddy didn't win the gold back in 2000...though I'm not complaining!! LoL!
I've seen him ride a few times a Rolex and then of course the infamous one stirrup XC round...I'm glad he came back -- now if only we can convince Blyth Tait and David O'Connor...though you gotta hand it to the guys for stepping down to allow somebody else to win for a change!!!

Beckz said...

Indeed. I don't think Blyth will ever be back though, not know he is all managing the team and all. I don't think he has ridden since he retired. Poor Toddy apparently the whole thing started as a joke!

Lauren said...

That's what I heard! It was a drinking bet or something...the joke is going to be on everyone else though when he goes in and kicks some butt!!