Sunday, July 27, 2008

I got the blues...

In high school I went to shows or clinics at least every other weekend during the competition season. Since I have started college here has been my show record:

Fall 2005 - Heritage Park HT - horrible dressage warmup - my mom wanted me to scratch as coaster was being dumb and rearing up -- it really wasn't his fault though, the flies were TERRIBLE!! - okay test....kickin' cross country round - he was a machine! and for SJ....yeah...i kinda broke a fence #2...literally...with my face

Fall 2006 - Crosstar HT - KICK ASS dressage! 2nd going into XC, which was a great run - 1st going into stadium...coaster is perfect - I on the other hand let the pressure get to me and caused a 2 rails...on the last two fences

Fall 2007 - Meadowcreek HT - great dressage warmup - okay test....good XC...solid stadium

Spring 2008 - NWAHJA Jumper Show - for only jumping less than five times since the last show he was perfect!!! i went off course once - dumb mistake on my part - but won all the other classes i was in

I miss it...I don't know if I miss the showing exactly, but I definately miss riding my horse everyday and working towards something. I can't wait to get back to Fayetteville next week...I'm working the NWAHJA 9-10 show as paddock master on saturday for sure, possibly sunday. After that, here is what I want to do this fall...

September 7- Fayetteville - NWAHJA - Jumpers - goal is to be clean and straight

September 13 - Centerton - NWADC - Probably 1st Lvl. 3 & 4 - goal is to have consistant tests and "ride" in the arena

October 11 - TBA - NWAHJA - Jumpers - goal is to be clean and straight

November 1-2 - Augusta, KS - Briar Fox Farm HT - Training - goal is to have a solid dressage test focusing on (what else?) impulsion at the canter; a clean, forward XC run; and a clean stadium

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

No simpathy here. I would love to be back in college. On an interesting note, looks like Northern Spire and Heidi White are out of the Beijing games. Karen O. and Mandiba will be going in their place. I feel bad for Heidi, as I like her and her horse. I am a huge Karen fan though, and for the Olympic team can not think of any other rider that I would choose.

Keith
Dallas

Lauren said...

I'm very happy for Karen, though I feel bad for Heidi and her crew. I know they worked hard to get where they were - evidently Farley's leg wasn't perfect after their last gallop before shipping out.