Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Therapy: Day 1

Yesterday was one of the most therapeutic days I've had in a really long time. I rode Coaster for about an hour (poor guy!)...I saddled him up and we went trail riding up the mountain behind the new barn. At one point he forgot how out of shape he was and took off running up the hill. I just grabbed mane and let him - my biggest worry was whether I would get bucked off at the top or not...ha. A little less than halfway up he just stops dead, I guess he forgot how much of an effort it was to run uphills! Oh well, after a couple weeks of just walking up it twice a week he will have an awesome hind end!

It was great to just ride around and be able to just clear my head. I laughed a little, I cried a little, but by the time my feet hit the ground my mind was clear. I still maintain my stance that I will bounce back better than ever, especially if I have my friends and horse to help me.

1 comment:

manymisadventures said...

I know I don't comment here often - but I do read.

Through all the hardest things I've gone through since I've had them, horses have helped me keep my head up. I remember, when the same thing happened to me, how wonderful it felt to step out of the car and smell the barn, and walk to the horses - like the crushing feelings I had would lift, even if just a little bit.

You'll get through it. I'm glad you have horses to help you.