Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dressage Horse What?!


Yesterday was the first time I've really ridden Coaster in a really long time. (Note: When I say "really ride" I mean not just trail riding or poking around, but actually training) He was GREAT! I don't know if it is the Parelli stuff we've been doing, my "new" mindset, the time off or if he was just in a good mood. Whatever, I'll take it! All of a sudden my horse was NOT fighting me, he WAS in front of my leg, and was ACTUALLY listening to me! Of course I'm sure Coaster was sitting there thinking "Geeze, finally she did NOT pull on my face, she STOPPED nagging me and she did NOT make me trot/canter around in mindless circles!" Like I said, though whatever the cause of this newfound mindset (of both of us!) I'll take it. I'm having fun with the groundwork associated with Parelli, it obviously isn't hurting anything and it obviously works for other people.

No comments: