Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Survey - *stole from Beckz* =)

1. How old were you when you first started riding?
I got 3 months worth of riding lessons for my 9th birthday

2. First horse ridden:
an old grey QH named Spunky

3. First horse trotted on:
Spunky

4. First horse cantered on:
Spunky

5. First Horse fallen off of:
(also my first jump!) Marylegs

6. Most recent horse fallen off of
LoL - Coaster (the tree incident)

7. Most terrifying fall:
Either the tree incident (only b/c of my injuries) or when Coaster and I rolled down the hill - all of the falls off of Onyx were high speed and I had adrenaline pumping too fast to get scared

8. First horse jumped with:
Marylegs

9. First horse who ran away with you:

XS - a cute little paint pony

10. First horse that scared the crap out of you:
either Zach the Arab or XS the pony

11. First horse shown :!)
Zach in walk/trot - we got Reserve!

12. First horse to win a class with:

either Spunky or Jouster

13. Do you/have you taken lessons:
Started taking lessons and continued at least once a week until I came to school - now it's just when I have time and can afford it!!!

14. First horse you ever rode bareback:
probably Spunky

15. First horse trail ridden with:

Spunky

16. Current Barn name:
@ Equestrian Bridges

17. Do you ride English or western?:
English

18. First Horse to place at a show with:
Didn't I answer this question??

19. Ever been to horse camp?:
not really except the little day camps at the barn - though I rode a couple times while I was at Girl Scout camp

20. Ever been to a riding clinic?

yup, a ton

21. Ridden sidesaddle?
not on an actual side saddle -- i tried trotting Onyx while sitting sideways on my saddle though

22. First horse leased:
n/a

23. Last Horse Leased:

n/a

24. Highest ribbon in a show:
Champion/1st

25. Ever been to an 'A' rated show?:

I've competed in a B rated show and I've gone to watch an A rated show, but I primarily do Eventing

26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races?:
just at little Pony Club playdays - I always had horses

27. Ever fallen off at a show

oh yes

28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers?:
nope though I'll hit up the local HJ circuit sometimes when I'm bored

29. Have you ever barrel raced?

LOL!!! Once, on my TB in my English saddle

30. Ever done pole bending?:
I think I might have done it once on this rodeo I went to w/ a friend on her QH -- we also did Barrel Pickup

31. Favorite gait:

Canter

32. Ever cantered bareback?:

yup -- though I prefer a less Thoroughbredy horse if I'm going to ride bareback

33. Have you ever done dressage?:
Yes - LoL, if you can call it that!!!

34. Have you ever evented?:

Hell Yeah!

35. Have you ever mucked a stall?:
Oh yeah

36. Ever been bucked off?:
oh yeah

37. Ever been on a horse that reared
yup

38. Horses or ponies.
Horses

39. Do you wear a helmet?:
Usually - always when I'm jumping or on a young/strange horse

40. What's the highest you've jumped:

I dunno -- over 4' though

41. Have you ever ridden at night?:
Yup

42. Do you watch horsey television shows?:
If I can find them

43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall?:

obviously not too seriously b/c a.) I'm still alive, b.) i'm still walking and riding

44. Most falls in one lesson:

2 times - it was ridiculous

45. Do you ride in an arena/ring?:
sometimes

46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse?:

yes

47. Have you ever been bitten?:
yes

48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse?:
too many times to even think about counting

49: Favorite riding moment:
Getting Onyx around Holly Hill in Spring of 2004 double clear or Nationals 2002 when I beat out all the rich little East Coast girls

50. Most fun horse you've ridden:
Onyx or Spyder....Roosevelt was really cool too (he was an upper level Dressage Schoolmaster - I really learned a lot the short time I got to ride him)

No comments: