Thursday, May 21, 2009

Farrier Blues


Coaster got shod yesterday - I've been using this farrier for about a year, but I'm still not 100% happy with him. It just seems that there aren't any great farriers in this area. Then, to top things off, I pull Coaster from his stall today and he is foot sore on the his left front. First of all Coaster is never foot sore - literally this is the first time in the 4 1/2 years I've had him. Second, I have a show in a week. If it is a nail then I'm scared he's going to abscess, so I guess the best I can hope for is that he just trimmed him a little close. I gave him 2 grams of Bute and hope that he will be better tomorrow...I'm wondering if I should pack the foot or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent points and the details are more specific than somewhere else, thanks.

- Murk