Thursday, May 14, 2009

No Stretchy Circle?!

I'm so sad, the Novice test doesn't have a stretchy circle in it! It's been awhile since I've done a Novice test and I was all excited to show off Coaster's new and improved stretchy circle...oh well, I guess we will have to wait until June.

Other than that he is doing amazing. When it isn't pouring down rain we take a trail up a turf hill (fairly steep and long) to a new housing development where all of the empty lots (which is like all but one or two) have perfect turf footing. The barn guys keep it mowed up there so I can go and work on flat work. I'm thinking of taking a couple jumps up there one day because there are some nice slopes where I could set up some great gymnastic exercises. I can tell how much more Coaster enjoys working when we aren't in the arena, so I try to keep it interesting and fun most of the time.

Oh, and I almost forgot! Coaster found his inner cow horse yesterday. Yes, that's right, my warmblood thinks he can learn cow sense! We were up in the housing development riding and there were some loose cows (downed fence) and the guys rounding them up were making fun of my english horse - well, if you know me, I take that as a dare. Literally 10 minutes later those cowboys had their mouths hanging wide open in awe about how quick of alearner and responsive I could get my horse to be .... aaaannnnnddd one of those cute cowboys asked for my number, so I may have to let him take me out to dinner this weekend, so overall it was a successful ride! ;-)

No comments: