Monday, May 11, 2009

This Can't Be My Horse!

So today was the first day I rode Coaster in full tack since February. He was amazing. That is all I can really say because words cannot describe. Everyone at the barn thought I was crazy because I literally started crying while I was riding.

We did a 10 meter left canter circle and the left rein was flapping in the wind. No lie! He came together for me so nicely I could have sworn it wasn't my horse. I actually had to put my leg on him so he wouldn't over-flex. I talked with my friend/trainer about it and we've concluded that since his early training was done quickly with gadgets he start now that I've taken the time to go back and put down the basics again, slowing myself down to his thinking pace (which is super slow!), he is responding better than ever! Now I just have to take my time in building up his stamina (now that he willingly uses the correct muscles!) so that he doesn't get too sore and start resenting it all again! It's just so hard not to push and see how much this new and improved Coaster can do!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Lauren said...

Nope, it is all me!