Sunday, May 31, 2009

Successful Show!!

Yesterday was my first show back since "the tree" - it went extremely well! I got mostly 6's and 7's on my Dressage test landing me in second with a 39, following the leader by only like half a point - I was a very proud mother!!! Seeing as the last dressage test was basically a slaughtering that ended with tears, this was a nice, soft test with some very good feedback other than "no submission."
Cross Country was AMAZING! The startbox and jumps 1 and 2 were on a bit of a downhill slope that had Coaster rolling and not really listening to me - I was like "Oh crap, this is going to be the course from hell again!" But fence three had a pretty sharp left turn to it and he came back to me completely on my body and the rest of the course was a piece of cake! I ran him in the big fat three piece snaffle and no spurs - I was so proud of him completely listening to my body - I hardly had to pick up the reins at all!!!
For Show Jumping we were both extremely tired (it was 90 degrees outside!) both mentally and physically. We fought a little bit, but it was either that or him bucking me off, so I figured a little bit of fighting was better than letting him have his way and get me off his back! The only problem was we had 11 time points so it dropped us from 2nd to finish in 3rd - which is still good considering I fell off the last event!! I was so proud of him on the entire day!

Oh yeah - and the trip from hell on our way there. We had a blow out on the trailer and had to limp 20 miles to a Wal-Mart to get it fixed. We do know how to change a tire mind you, but some Einstein put a lock on the spare tire and must have thrown away the key, so we had to go find a bolt cutter in the middle of no-where Arkansas! It all turned out okay though, so I was happy!

I'll post video later.

No comments: