Saturday, May 23, 2009

Jump Lesson

Five months ago I would have never believed it was possible for Coaster and me to Show Jump in a halter. Today we proved we could. I had my first jump lesson (and my first jump session!) since I fell in November today - Coaster did really well but I was doing this weird twisting thing with my right arm/shoulder so my trainer had me put the halter on and jump. I generally warm up with the halter on the flat, but it was a true test of my confidence in my horse to jump him 3ft with just a halter. We aren't talking gridwork either - coursework. I was amazed at how much better I rode and how much better my horse responded. I'm seriously thinking about show jumping him next weekend in the halter! Though I'm pretty sure I at least want the snaffle on cross country!! :-)

2 comments:

manymisadventures said...

It has been so cool to read about how well things are going for you. And this is all because you took a few months to just do groundwork with him??

Lauren said...

Thanks!
Yes on the groundwork - I've only been doing groundwork with him since mid-February - it filled in all the holes of basic moving away/giving to pressure that wasn't there before!