Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rushing Fences

As most of you know I've decided to take a step back with Coaster and focus on some obvious holes in our very basic training. I am very pleased with the results that I've seen since beginning the Parelli program, but I still have my competition goals in the forefront of my brain. I love getting ready for shows. I love competing. I pretty much love everything about horse shows - even getting up before dawn to braid and walk courses!

The issue that I am having now is successfully bridging what I have learned recently with my competitive goals. The last thing I want to do is push myself and my horse too quickly, but on the same note I don't want to get stalled by not pushing enough. There is a local dressage show on May 25th that I want to compete in, and then I want to start eventing again in the fall. To me this seems like a suitable time frame, and it's not like I can't move it up or back need be. I just don't want to end up rushing my fences, so to speak, and end up hurt again...

No comments: