Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Video Update

I thought I'd post a video (turn up your volume!) of what Coaster and I have been working on lately with the natural horsemanship. As you can tell this is groundwork with a halter and lead ("On-Line"). Basically what I've been working on is not micro-managing and using the cue "phases" so that Coaster will become lighter and more responsive. I guess I should have posted a "Before" video, because 2 months ago if you asked him to back up on the ground he would throw his head up, push into you and walk through the pressure - you can see for yourself how he is now. In the next couple of weeks I'll post a video of our freestyle riding - I'm still a little self conscious about sharing that with the public!! :-) I just can't wait to get back to competing again! I'm planning on schooling cross country several times this summer and then going to a minimum of two events in the Fall.

No comments: